Qualifications and courses
We are an ABC Awards Approved Centre enabling us to deliver national youth work qualifications and accredited training courses. We provide a specialist three-way participant support structure to ensure there is a high level of support available. This involves the participant’s placement, London Youth and the participant's peers.
We are recruiting for our joint programme, Level 1 Certificate in an Introduction to Youth Work and Self Leadership in Conflict course
Delivered by London Youth and Leap Confronting Conflict for 16 - 21 year old youth workers
Deadline is on Friday 12th April 2013
Are you 16-21 years and volunteering or working in a youth club or project?
Do you want to learn more about youth work and conflict resolution and gain a national youth work qualification?
Then this is the right course for you!
This dynamic and interactive course will give you the chance to learn about....
- An introduction to the Youth Work profession
- Exploring your skills, interests and how they impact on your work with young people
- Working with young people and the barriers to participation
- Effective team work in Youth Work
- Safe working practice for Youth Work
- Planning, implementation and evaluation of Youth Work
- Self-Leadership in Conflict
All this, over four residential weekends at Woodrow High House in Amersham and three evening tutorials at London Youth (in central London) between May and September 2013!
Level 3 Award in Youth Work Practice
Recruitment for the course starting on February 26th 2013 has now finished. Watch this space for information about future courses!
The new Level 3 Award in Youth Work Practice is a national youth work qualification and is on the Qualification and Credits Framework (QCF).
Who the course is for Youth Support Workers who:
- are already involved in youth work/youth support work
- will have already attained the degree of knowledge and skills provided by the Level 2 programme or its equivalent
- may have specialist responsibilities for aspects of a youth work programme, or may manage small teams
Level 2 Certificate in Youth Work Practice
Recruitment for the course starting on January 7th 2013 has now finished. Watch this space for information about future courses!
Course Aims: this new Level 2 national youth work qualification is on the new Qualifications and Credit Framework (QCF) and is worth 23 credits and is for Assistant Youth Support Workers who are working in a youth work setting (public, voluntary or private sector, paid or unpaid); who are new to youth work and whose work is closely supervised or for people who have experience of youth work and want an access route to a qualification.
|Introduction to Youth Work information||258.8 KB|
|level 3 12-13 course information||8.07 MB|
|short training courses booking form.doc||172 KB|